- Data management plans (DMPs) are already required for certain proposals and will be required for all grant proposals beginning in 2016. Data management plans will be evaluated as a part of grant applications and verified as part of reporting.
- Scope: Data underlying the conclusions of peer-reviewed scientific research publications.
- Time frame for sharing: Not known at this time.
- Designated repository: None specified; the USDA will support a public listing of metadata for agency data. Research data should be available in public repositories in machine readable formats.
- Some programs have already started requiring data management plans. Full implementation of the public access policy is expected by 2017.