- A data management plan (DMP) or data sharing plan is required with the grant proposal. The DMP will be reviewed as part of the proposal evaluation process.
- Scope: "[D]ata resulting from unclassified, publicly releasable research…"
- Time frame for sharing: Data should be shared at time of publication.
- Designated repository: No required repository for data, but there will be a central catalog for all relevant datasets, maintained by the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). The catalog is expected to be in place by the end of the calendar year 2015.
- The DOD expects to fully implement their plan by the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2016 and note that the policy will not be retroactive.
- None at this time.